“Intellectual Property” Youtube. 1 May 2008. 25 August 2008.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eejH0ANk-M.
This was quite the interesting short video. The video features J. Craig Williams, an intellectual property lawyer for the Williams Lindberg Law Firm in Newport Beach, California. It focuses on the problems IP lawyers face in intellectual property. Mr. Williams talks about the problems businesses face in regards to copyright piracy and trademark infringement. It is interesting to hear a lawyer talk about this instead of having to read an article because you get a better feel for how the lawyer responds to each issue. It makes writing about a certain topic more interesting. I thought this was a great video when needing sources involving IP problems and issues. I would most definitely take another look at this resource if I ever needed more information on those topics.
"Intellectual Property Law: Patents & Trademarks" Youtube. 15 June 2008. 25 August 2008. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Yp_Xj6YshM.
This video gave more of a background to the field of intellectual property law. This video features Michael N. Cohen, an intellectual property lawyer. It really gives you a thorough background of the terms and aspects of intellectual property. This lawyer appears to have a great knowledge for the field which makes this video more interesting to watch. His descriptions are well thought out and intelligent, which makes getting information from the video easier. It's really the same as much of the information that has been found in articles, but it makes it easier to get through since the man is fairly interesting to listen to. I would recommend this site if you really need background information. It will not be helpful if you are looking for more in-depth material.
"Copyright & Piracy part 1" Teacher Tube. 7 March 2007. 25 August 2008. http://www.teachertube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=0760af59d0baf5acbb84.
I absolutely LOVED this video. It was so entertaining and informational. I truly wish that all videos could encompass the education and entertainment the way that this video had. As a journalist, you do not feel like you are doing research when these are the types of videos you get to learn from. I felt like I was watching a video on MTV or something, but the difference in this video is that it gave me a great deal of information about copyright piracy. I really love learning about copyright piracy because it is such a prevalent issue in the world today. The music and movie industries are losing millions upon millions of dollars because of copyright piracy. This video exploits the fact that the public is taking advantage of these industries due to the ways a person can take this property without having to spend a dime. Very interesting video. I recommend this to all journalists working this beat!
No comments:
Post a Comment